A ductwork company based out of Fresno California is looking for a supervisor for their Knoxville plant location.
This position is full time, temp to hire for the right person.
Pay Rate: $16.00 – $19.00 depending on experience
- Must apply with a resume and interview first.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Safety Glasses – provided by JP Lamborn.
Job Site Address: 9524 Commission Drive, Mascot TN 37806.
Directly responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of activities for the production personnel, including: Material Handlers, Set-Up Persons, Printers and Custodians.
- Responsible for treating all employees equally, fairly, and with respect
- Responsible for the supervision of Production personnel to assure the utmost productivity, efficiency and quality of product
- Responsible for assuring production schedule priorities are met
- Responsible for assigning Production personnel to production equipment
- Responsible for assuring proper training of all Production personnel in the operation and safety of machinery
- Responsible for assuring machine downtime is qualified and signed off
- Responsible for performing periodic employee evaluations and issuing employee warning notices
- Ensure all new hire paperwork is completed prior to employee starting work
- Maintains good communication between all departments to assure overall quality, employee and customer service satisfaction
- Supervisors may also engage, in part, in the same work as the workers they supervise.
- May be assigned special projects upon request
- Properly execute all company policies and procedures
- Reports to the Plant Operations Manager
- Interacts with Maintenance, Purchasing, Production Control and Shipping & Receiving
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent (all future hires)
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisor experience in a fast paced related manufacturing or production environment (all future hires)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must possess a high energy level and the ability to motivate employees, as well as, the ability to maintain employee moral.
- Day Shift Supervisor shall open and prepare the plant for the operation which shall include: disabling the alarm system, turning on lights, starting the Tape and Web machines, starting the air compressors, and unlocking perimeter doors.
- Swing Shift Supervisor shall secure the plant at the completion of the shift, which is to include: turning off all machinery, lights, fans, compressors, locking all perimeter doors, arming the building alarm system, and locking the perimeter gates.