A local Knoxville company is seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Facilities Technician to join our growing organization. In this position, you will perform professional duties in preventive maintenance of the production equipment, operations and maintenance of the physical facilities, and fabrication, modifications or construction as required. Keen attention to detail, great attitude, and strong analytical skills are a must.
Pay Rate: $24.00 – $26.00 an hour depending on experience.
Hours: Normal week hours. Monday – Friday. But must be open to being on call on the weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Will be responsible for a wide variety of assigned tasks requiring various levels of expertise and experience in multiple trade skillsets
• The tech shall complete technical facilities improvements and projects as assigned, such as electrical installations, electrical troubleshooting, equipment repairs, and troubleshooting, plumbing, welding, equipment operation, etc. There is a heavy emphasis on the electrical maintenance and functions for this role.
• Performs either scheduled or unscheduled maintenance on machines and facilities equipment.
• Creates material lists for projects
• Troubleshoots and oversee all electro-mechanical, hydraulic, refrigeration, heating, and pneumatic systems
• Use and maintain construction equipment and make recommendations to the on-site Manager for equipment repairs or installations
• Provides performance reports as required to the on-site Manager through appropriate systems.
• Use and maintain specialty tools required for the job duties
• Provide task-oriented support for major PM activities
• Provide other maintenance services or construction projects as directed by the on-site Manager
Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent. Associate Degree in related field preferred, or 10 hrs of technical classes, and/or 2 yr field experience
• Licensed Electrician with 5+ year of field experience
• Must have an appropriate State-approved license to ensure all work being performed is up to code/compliance.
• Commercial electrical experience a significant plus
• HVAC license preferred
• Maintains high quality of work and craftsmanship
• Good communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
• Must have the ability to interface and support all departments.
• Know proper construction and maintenance methods
• Has an ability to troubleshoot and oversee all electro-mechanical, hydraulic, refrigeration, heating, and pneumatic systems
• Must be available to work 24x7x365 environment with the weekend, and holiday shifts.
• Selected candidate will be “hands-on” and will do maintenance work, fabrication, and in-house projects